A little bit about me
Back in 2006 I fell in love with SEO. I remember watching countless YouTube videos and reading every blog article out there. I was hooked, and I still am.
In 2009 I chose not to join Google’s Search Quality team, but instead I teamed up with my best friend and business partner Vincent van Scherpenseel to build a digital marketing agency called dotBlue. In 2015, our work there inspired us to develop ContentKing, the one and only real-time SEO auditing and content change tracking solution for your website. ContentKing continuously crawls your website, tracks changes and alerts you in case of any issues. We’re improving the internet, one website at a time 🙂
I’ve done SEO, within The Netherlands, outside of the Netherlands, for companies large and small. I’ve been on all sides of the table: client side, agency side and tool vendor side.
At ContentKing I’m the VP of Community, responsible for content marketing, SEO and keeping in touch with the digital marketing community.
That means I get to write, speak and debate SEO a lot. And I effing love it.
I speak at conferences and meetups both large and small. If you’re looking for someone that can deliver a no-nonsense talk that’ll stay with you? Hit me up!
Where you’ll see me in the near future – meet up there?
- November 21, SEO Benelux: B2B SEO Panel moderator 🇳🇱🎤
Where you may have seen me, heard me or read my articles
- November 13, TrafficThinkTank webinar on SEO Disasters 📺
- November 7, SearchNorwich 🎤
- November 6, Take it Offline SEO Disasters Roundtable 🎤
- October 31, SEO Meetup Reading 🎤
- October 30, Bristol SEO 🎤
- October 4, Take it Offline: Schema Panel moderator 🎤
- September 30, Search Engine Journal: How to Win at SEO Through Great UX Today & Beyond ✍️
- September 26, ShopWare event 🇳🇱🎤
- September 24, Robbie Richards: 52 Experts Reveal Best SEO Reporting Tools (and Must-Have Features) ✍️
- September 13, Aleyda Solis’ talk at BrightonSEO: What makes your SEO fail (and how to fix it)
- August 22, Glasgow SEO: UX & SEO: A New Perspective on Winning at SEO 🎤
- August 5, OAK Podcast: SEO Benelux Summer ’19 Meetup 🇳🇱🎤
- July 29, Milosz Krasinski: Interview with Steven Van Vessum from ContentKing ✍️
- July 17, iGB Affiliate Amsterdam: UX & SEO: Making it a Happy Marriage 🎤
- July 15, Time4Marketing Podcast: SEO Disasters: why they happen and how to prevent them 🎤
- June 30, Search Engine Journal: Content Marketing: The 5 Most Important Things You Need to Know ✍️
- June 5, CMSWire: How to Outrank Your Competition With a Smart Image SEO Strategy ✍️
- May 24, Leadsurance Expert Contribution: 29 Insurance Blog Topics (Ideas to Generate Leads) ✍️
- May 8, Suganthan Mohanadasan Expert Contribution: Don’t let your website redesign become an SEO disaster ✍️
- April 22, #SEOisAEO Podcast: Learning from our mistakes 🎤
- April 22, CanIRank Expert Contribution: 12 Tried and True Brand Feedback Strategies from the Experts ✍️
- April 5, Digital Olympus Conference: SEO Disasters: Why They Happen and How to Prevent Them 🎤
- March 31, Search Engine Journal: 4 Reasons Why Website Migrations Fail & How to Overcome Them ✍️
- March 28, SEO Benelux Meetup: Panel moderator at Bol.com in Utrecht, The Netherlands 🇳🇱🎤
- February 28, SEO Benelux Meetup: Panel moderator Combell in Gent, Belgium 🇳🇱🎤
- January 14, clockworkTalent: 10 Digital Tools Steven van Vessum Couldn’t Live Without ✍️
- December 14, Search Engine Journal: The Top 7 Things I’ve Learned About SEO This Year ✍️
- December 10, CMSWire: Should You Publish on a Hosted Blog Platform? ✍️
- November 11, SEO Benelux Meetup: SEO fails in e-commerce 🇳🇱🎤
- November 1, Search Engine Journal: How to Do Content Curation for SEO: Your Starter Guide ✍️
- October 17, CMSWire: How to Ensure Your SEO Plan Is Put Into Action ✍️
- September 19, Content Marketing Institute: How to Make Your Content Stand Out in a Crowded, Global Marketplace ✍️
- July 20, Search Engine Journal: Content Optimization: Boost Traffic by Improving What You Already Have ✍️
- July 5, Tactical Growth Hacks Meetup: The Biggest and Baddest SEO fails from the front-lines 🎤
- June 14, SEO Meetup Utrecht: SEO Fails: why do they happen and how can you prevent them? 🇳🇱🎤
- February 28, Swydo: KPIs To Measure SEO Success
- October 2, SEOloger Meetup: Doing SEO in The Netherlands 🎤
- July 12, Page One Power Webinar: Five SEO Disasters (and how to avoid them) 📺
- April 18, Raleigh SEO Meetup: SEO & Content Marketing (from 30:40) 🎤
- March 29, Page One Power Webinar: Sustainable Growth Via The Continuous SEO Process 📺
- February 21, Search Talk Live Podcast: SEO The Continuous Process, Work-Flow & Tooling To Support It 🎤
- December 20, SEOloger Meetup: Why YOUR website needs Continuous monitoring 🎤
- September 30, Authoritas Webinar: What will “OK Google” mean for SEO? – September 30th, 2016 📺
- September 23, WebExpo Conference: Why your website needs a Continuous SEO Process 🎤
- August 4, Webinar: WebPromo Webinar: How to scale linkbuilding 📺
Get in touch
Want to swap SEO war stories, get help driving more organic traffic or just have a cup of coffee? Just drop me a line!